I digress, I will at least start my thinking. How big do I want this business to get? Really. I was reading the blog of the most fabulous photographer ever, Jasmine Star, and as I read some of her oldest posts she was obviously soooo driven! And now she is famous. I mean, I totally look up to her--this makes her famous right? :)
So, when she started out what was her ultimate goal? Did she want to be really busy? Did she want to be famous? Did she want to teach seminars? Did she want to hone her skills and never stop learning? Did she want to have thousands of people stalk her blog? If that is what she wanted she has totally succeeded. (Not saying that ANY of this is bad thing it isn't. I am inspired by people like Jasmine who find a goal and go after it.) Which leads me to my question... what do I want? Do I want to shoot 35 weddings in one year? Do I want to teach seminars? Do I want to write books? Really, if I dream big with the only thing stopping me is me, then where is my limit? What do I want?
I need to write out my ultimate goals for my photography and start going after them, but what are they?
I will start here...
- I want to bless people with portraits they wouldn't normally be able to afford.
- I want to give free portrait sessions to those who have just adopted.
- I want to be able to pay for my camera equipment from what I earn through the business.
- I want to have time for my kids, husband, family and friends.
- I want to never stop LOVING photography.
- I want to be able to go to Europe with friends in 5 years with the money I get from photography.
- I want to be recolonized as a great photographer.
- I want to go to the Jasmine Star workshop.
- I want to go to lots of workshops.
- I want to be a technically sound photographer.
- I want to be an artistic photographer.
- I want to learn and grow and get better and better.
- I never want to stop learning about photography.
- I want to have great photos for my kids to have in their wedding slide shows. Photos that aren't just pretty, but tell their story.